Ginger Lily – lodge alternative to Tobago villas
In spring 2014 we added Ginger Lily to our Castara Retreats two-bedroom luxury lodges, offering a more natural environment for those seeking an alternative to the typical Tobago villa experience. This all wooden lodge has air conditioning in the bedrooms, a covered terrace, outside sun deck, and stunning ocean views looks west towards the spectacular Caribbean sunsets.
This accommodation sits gently on the hillside behind and between Birdsong and Coasthanger lodges and is surrounded by tropical gardens with star fruit, lime and banana trees and the famous red ginger lilies, which flower all year round. Castara Retreats now has 64 varieties of bird that are seen in and from our gardens.
Facilities and features include the following:
- Covered terrace: The spacious covered terrace offers an open plan living/dining/kitchen area approximately 20 x 12 feet, with a beautiful hardwood floor made from the yellow cypress trees that we harvest from local sustainable sources in Tobago. This room is furnished with two stylish wicker sofas on which to relax, read a book, or simply take in the view together with coffee table and side tables with lamps. For dining there is a locally made dining table with four comfortable chairs for sharing meals together whilst taking in the views of ocean and garden. This covered terrace also features a large double hammock for up to two people.
- Kitchen: For guests who are keen on cooking, on one side of this living area is a well-equipped kitchen with cooker, full-size fridge freezer and hardwood cupboards built by local craftsmen, resourced with good quality pots and pans, cutlery, china and glass, toaster, coffee pots and teapots.
- Master bedroom: The air-conditioned master bedroom has excellent ocean views from the queen size double bed. This has a top quality mosquito net on a purpose made frame, purpose-made storage and hanging space as well as bedside shelves and lamps. Adjoining the bedroom is a compact en suite shower room with large mirror and discrete spotlights. There are two very large windows that swivel to open to the breeze and views, or to close for those wishing to use the air conditioning.
- Second bedroom: The second air-conditioned double bedroom is significantly smaller than the master bedroom measuring 10x10 feet, but is designed to the same luxury finish. This bedroom has a queen size bed, and does not have a view of the ocean, and instead the window looks onto the living area and beyond to the garden. Adjoining the bedroom is a compact en suite shower room with large mirror and discrete spotlights.
- As you would expect of Castara Retreats accommodation in Tobago, we provide a hair dryer, free standing ventilator fan, iron and security safe for documents and valuables. There is also an iPod docking system. (You can also use your iPhones and MP3 players on the system provided you use the mini jack to stereo RCA cable that we provide.)
- Within this accommodation there is an abundance of soft lighting to meet your needs and mood. Our housekeepers are available to do laundry for a small fee. Towels and bed linen are changed every three-four days at the same time as a light clean up.
Our intention is to provide everything necessary for our clients to enjoy their Tobago holiday rental when staying with us at Castara Retreats.