Fisherman's Lodge – Tobago beach accommodation
Originally a fisherman's shack, this delightful renovated lodge offers luxury Tobago beach accommodation for those seeking a special beach holiday on the lovely Caribbean island of Tobago. The result is a Tobago beach accommodation with the quirkiness of the original fisherman’s shack integrated with quality and modern facilities. Fisherman’s Lodge, superbly located overlooking the beaches and bay of Castara, has dual aspect views to the beach below and to the Caribbean Sea to the west enabling guests to enjoy the spectacular sunsets whilst only a five-minute stroll from the beach below.
Facilities and features include the following:
- Bedroom: The bedroom (13ft x 15ft) has louvered windows designed to catch the cool breezes that come over the hill from the east, two hanging rails and a rustic wooden dressing table/desk as well as a wicker chest of drawers in keeping with our natural approach. The bedroom has a polished hardwood floor, similar to Rainforest, and a queen-sized bed with white bed linen and frame mosquito net.
- Kitchen: The kitchen area is integrated into the open plan living space (20ft X 15ft) with beautiful wooden floors, double boarded walls and windows all in yellow cypress. This has been sensitively done to preserve the building's unique Caribbean character with weatherboard exterior and fretwork trim. The kitchen itself has been extended with new gas cooker, tiled worktops and sink creating an efficient working space for those of you who love to cook, socialise and hang out at the same time. There is an enormous fridge/freezer, good quality pots and pans, cutlery and china for six people, glassware, toaster, coffee pots, teapots and blender. We have also continued our theme of carved sunray patterns over the doors and windows.
- Shower room: Good-sized shower room and toilet that is beautifully tiled and lit by flush spot lights with dimmer switch.
- Covered terrace: Outside the living area is a large covered deck (13ft X 15ft) that offers a wonderfully open environment for hanging out, gazing at the views, dining or liming with other people. Similar to the bedroom, the covered deck is constructed of wide hardwood planks of cypress giving the floor a gorgeous yellow glow. The deck is furnished with comfortable seating for four people with a large low level table for informal dining with space to seat up to eight friends and family. There is also a small full height breakfast table as an alternative dining option. Next to the covered deck is a lockable storage cupboard for beach gear, snorkels, diving equipment etc.
- Outside deck: Beyond the covered deck is a spacious outside deck with westerly panoramic views - thought by many to be the best in Castara. This deck has sun loungers and comfortable beach chairs providing perfect viewing points for sunsets, stars and fireflies or for simply taking your ease after a day on the beach in Castara.
- The lighting has been improved with inset spotlights in the shower room, above all the kitchen surfaces and across the living space with dimmer switches and multiple choices to help you create the atmosphere for the mood of the moment. In this way, Castara Retreats has created a romantic atmosphere for couples or those seeking a special place for their Tobago beach holiday.
- As you would expect of Castara Retreats accommodation in Tobago, we provide a hair dryer, hammock, free standing ventilator fan, iron and security safe for documents and valuables. There is also a good quality iPod docking system. (You can also use your iPhones and MP3 players on the system provided you use the mini jack to stereo RCA cable that we provide.)
People who have stayed in Fisherman's have been fulsome in their praise of their Tobago beach accommodation for both its location on the hillside above the beach, and also its intimacy and privacy. In designing the renovation, we have taken great care to maintain the perfect flow of space and energy that clients have so appreciated. This means you have a wonderful choice of eating areas, spots to be private, places to observe nature or socialise with friends both inside and out and all with stupendous views. What better place for a vacation in Tobago or to celebrate a special anniversary?