Quirky and characterful accommodation – an ideal alternative to Tobago hotels
Originally a fisherman's shack, this delightful renovated lodge offers luxury Tobago beach accommodation for those seeking a special holiday on the lovely Caribbean island of Tobago. The lodge has the quirkiness of the original fisherman’s shack integrated with quality and modern facilities. Fisherman’s Lodge is superbly located with dual aspect views to the beach below and to the Caribbean Sea to the west enabling guests to enjoy the spectacular sunsets.
Please click on any photograph and the slide show will begin.
Facilities and features include the following:
- Bedroom: The bedroom (13ft x 15ft) has louvered windows designed to catch the cool breezes that come over the hill from the east, two hanging rails and a rustic wooden dressing table/desk as well as a wicker chest of drawers in keeping with our natural approach. The bedroom has a polished hardwood floor, similar to Rainforest, and a queen-sized bed with white bed linen and frame mosquito net.
- Kitchen: The spacious and well-equipped kitchen area is integrated into the open plan living space (20ft X 15ft) with beautiful cypress wooden floors and windows. This has been sensitively done to preserve the building's unique Caribbean character with weatherboard exterior and fretwork trim.
- Shower room: Good-sized shower room and toilet that is beautifully tiled and lit by flush spot lights with dimmer switch.
- Covered terrace: Outside the living area is a large covered deck (13ft X 15ft) that offers a wonderfully open environment for hanging out, gazing at the views, dining or liming with other people. Similar to the bedroom, the covered deck is constructed of wide hardwood planks of cypress giving the floor a gorgeous yellow glow. The deck is furnished with comfortable seating for four people with a large low level table for informal dining with space to seat up to eight friends and family. There is also a small full height breakfast table as an alternative dining option. Next to the covered deck is a lockable storage cupboard for beach gear, snorkels, diving equipment etc.
- Outside deck: Beyond the covered deck is a spacious outside deck with westerly panoramic views - thought by many to be the best in Castara. This deck has sun loungers and comfortable beach chairs providing perfect viewing points for sunsets, stars and fireflies or for simply taking your ease after a day on the beach in Castara.
People who have stayed in Fisherman's have been fulsome in their praise for both its location and also its intimacy and privacy. In designing the renovation, we took great care to maintain the perfect flow of space and energy that guests have so appreciated. This means you have a wonderful choice of eating areas, spots to be private, places to observe nature or socialise with friends both inside and out and all with stupendous views. What better place for Tobago vacation?
Need to speak to someone?
Lorna lives in Wales, in the UK and is available to talk with you by phone, if you would find this helpful.
Please call her at the times and days given below.
FROM EUROPE OR THE UK, please ring between the hours of 9am and 6pm Monday to Saturday your time.
Her number is: 0044 (0)7841‑645238.
FROM NORTH OR SOUTH AMERICA, please call between 6am and 12noon Eastern Standard Time Monday to Saturday.
Her number is 011‑44‑7841‑645238.