Firefly - alternative to Tobago hotels
Firefly is a studio apartment with en-suite bedroom, a kitchenette and a sweet garden terrace with lovely views towards the ocean and setting sun. As night arrives, you can enjoy gazing up through the tropical garden alight with fireflies and beyond to the expanse of the star-lit sky. Firefly is the smallest of Castara Retreats’ accommodation options and is therefore the most modestly priced. The apartment offers high quality accommodation and great value - a wonderful alternative to Tobago hotels.
Facilities and features:
- A spacious air-conditioned en-suite bedroom (16 x 16 feet or 5 x 5 meters) with views of the ocean from the large queen size bed and including a seating area with small sofa, chair and coffee table.
- At the other side of the room is the compact kitchen area which includes two electric hobs, a small fridge, toaster, kettle, sink, pans, and crockery. Please note – the kitchen in Firefly is more basic than in our other accommodations. It does not have an oven and is designed for preparing simple meals or convenience foods.
- For many of our guests who prefer not to use aircon, there are two large windows that, when left open, let in the breeze and the natural sounds of the ocean. A quiet ventilation fan creates additional air movement.
- An en-suite shower room with large mirror and discrete spotlights.
- The floor is polished pitch pine and the walls and ceiling are boarded with either cedar or pine.
- Outside is a small open terrace with a lovely view of the ocean.
Firefly offers wonderful and affordable accommodation option in this quiet fishing village on Tobago. Everything in Firefly is well appointed to the high standards that guests have come to expect of Castara Retreats or indeed of a luxury Tobago hotel.