Coasthanger Lodge – Tobago holiday accommodation
Coasthanger represents Tobago holiday accommodation at its most stylish, in the form of a beautiful hardwood lodge set in the tropical gardens at Castara Retreats and constructed in the style of a Japanese haiku house. It offers wonderful Tobago holiday accommodation for couples seeking privacy or a special Caribbean getaway.
The lodge is constructed of red cedar, a local hardwood, and is from sustainable rainforest sources. Coasthanger has a beautiful interior with polished wooden floors and wicker furniture. This Caribbean holiday getaway sits gently on the land and relies on the natural forces of the wind to generate a cooling breeze through the wooden louvers of the windows that moves the air and vents the heat through the roof.
Facilities and features include the following:
- Bedroom: One large bedroom measuring 14 x 14 feet with a queen size double bed and full size mosquito net on a suspended wooden frame.
- Private deck: The bedroom has double French doors that open on to a private deck (10 x 8 feet) with two sun loungers and views over the broad sweep of Castara Bay – it’s the perfect spot to enjoy the outdoors.
- Living area: There is a spacious living area spanning 20 x 14 feet with panoramic views of the two beaches looking north-west and also to the coastline looking south-west with stunning sunsets for our guests on their Caribbean holiday. There is comfortable and stylish seating and a dining space in the living area.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is open plan with the living area, and is equipped to the same high standard as the other accommodations with fridge/freezer, good quality pots and pans, cutlery and china, glassware, toaster, coffee pots, teapots and blender.
- Porch: There is also a cosy porch area measuring 14 x 8 feet with an additional comfortable sitting area for relaxing or eating.
- As you would expect of quality Tobago accommodation, there is hot and cold running water, quality mattress, mosquito net, white bed linen, free standing ventilator fan, towels for use in the house, hairdryer, hammock and security safe. We have installed in all of our Tobago holiday accommodations at Castara Retreats a good quality iPod docking system. You can also use your iPhones and MP3 players on the system provided you pick up a mini jack to stereo RCA cable. (You can also use your iPhones and MP3 players on the system provided you use the mini jack to stereo RCA cable that we provide.)
- There is also an abundance of soft lighting with dimmer switches to enable adjustments to meet your needs and moods.
The total floor area in Coasthanger is a very generous 800 square feet and offers a wonderful space for a couple looking for comfort and simplicity in nature for their choice of Tobago holiday accommodation.
For anyone seeking a special Caribbean holiday, all of our Tobago accommodations have views that one visitor described as "million dollar" and we are confident, after lots of positive feedback, that this is so. If anything, the views from Coasthanger are the best of all our Caribbean accommodations as the lodge feels as if it hangs over the beach. The views from bed, the living area and the porch are all wonderful. The house partly sits under an old mango tree which offers additional welcome shade when the sun is strong, and is also surrounded by our wonderful tropical garden.
There is a small nicely landscaped car park (suitable for four cars) between Coasthanger and Birdsong. This makes Coasthanger our most easily accessible Tobago accommodation with only a couple of steps up to the porch from the car park and it offers a wonderful setting for anyone seeking a special Caribbean vacation.