Birdsong – Tobago luxury accommodation
Birdsong, a hand crafted hardwood cedar lodge, offers a very high level of Tobago luxury accommodation and is configured almost exactly the same as Coasthanger except that it offers a second bedroom and en-suite shower room which are located below the main floor of the lodge. It is a beautiful Tobago luxury accommodation constructed in the style of a Japanese haiku house using sustainable sources of local hardwood Cyprus. Birdsong typifies the iconic look that symbolises Castara Retreats with our harmonious and naturally stylish look of our Tobago holiday accommodations.
This Tobago luxury holiday accommodation is an all wood lodge is perched about 20 feet above the ground, offering simply stunning views of both beaches and the headland looking up the coast, and of the rocky cliffs and bays looking down to the west to the spectacular sunsets. Birdsong sits gently on the land and relies on the natural forces of the wind to generate a cooling breeze through the wooden louvers of the windows that channels the air and vents the heat through the roof.
Facilities and features include the following:
- Bedroom: On the main floor there is one large bedroom measuring 14 x 14 feet, with a queen size double bed and quality mosquito net on a suspended wooden frame. The bedroom has a stylish en-suite shower room.
- Open living area: There is a spacious living area spanning 20 x 14 feet with panoramic views of the two beaches looking north-west and to the coastline looking south-west, and stunning sunsets over the Caribbean. There is comfortable and stylish seating and a dining space in the living area.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is open plan with the living area, and is equipped to the same high standard as the other accommodations with fridge/freezer, good quality pots and pans, cutlery and china, glassware, toaster, coffee pots, teapots and blender.
- Porch: There is a cosy porch area measuring 14 x 8 feet with an additional comfortable sitting area for relaxing or eating. The total floor area on this upper main floor is a very spacious 800 square feet and offers a wonderful space for a guests looking for comfort and simplicity in nature for their Tobago vacation.
- Private deck: A catwalk leads from the porch to a private viewing deck (12 x 12 feet) which offers an outside area from which to further enjoy the views across the garden and down onto the Bay of Castara and the ocean, and offers a wonderful space to sunbathe, or watch the stars at night.
- Second bedroom: Below the upper floor is a spacious second bedroom and en-suite shower room. This bedroom is larger than the one above and measures 17 x 14 feet with double doors onto a deck area measuring 17x10 feet. The bedroom has a private deck looking out to the ocean and coastline.
- As you would expect of quality Tobago accommodation, there is hot and cold running water, quality mattress, mosquito net, white bed linen, free standing ventilator fan, towels for use in the house, hairdryer, hammock and security safe. We have installed in all of our Tobago holiday accommodations at Castara Retreats a good quality iPod docking system. You can also use your iPhones and MP3 players on the system provided you pick up a mini jack to stereo RCA cable. (You can also use your iPhones and MP3 players on the system provided you use the mini jack to stereo RCA cable that we provide.).
- There is an abundance of soft lighting with dimmer switches to enable adjustments to meet your needs and moods.
Birdsong is a perfect Tobago accommodation for family holidays or two couples with the second bedroom which has a queen size bed with full size frame mosquito net. An extra bed can be added if required for a small charge.
Firefly, which adjoins the rear of Birdsong, can be connected to Birdsong through a back door, making it suitable to rent in addition to Birdsong for groups of six.
All the accommodations have views that one visitor described as "million dollar" and we are confident, after lots of positive feedback, that this is so. Each of our Tobago luxury accommodations has a slightly different perspective on the surrounding gardens, the village, the beach and the ocean.
There is a small, nicely landscaped car parking area suitable for up to four cars between Coasthanger and Birdsong.